To My Birthday Boy

An Ollie Tale

Where to begin? Ah, yes.  Concerning Ollie...

Ollie's are happy, jolly and love to eat.  You prefer to be held, comfortable and cozy, rather than run off and have adventures. 

Thus making you a hobbit of sorts...


Three.  Years.  Old.  I can't believe my baby is three.  I love what a cuddle bug you are.  Still only during the day.  At night you still like to be comforted and then put back to bed. 

You hate bugs.  Felix locked you on the deck recently with all the baby spiders and you melted down.  Whenever I catch a spider in my hands you look at me like, "do not ever touch me again".  

You are just about potty-trained.  And I am just amazed.  You're so independent (and easily bribed) and proud of yourself and you just love your Doc McStuffins trainers.  Soon it will be underwear 24/7 for you.  I am just beyond excited.  

You still don't like men with beards.  We talk about the men in our life who have beards who are NOT scary.  Daddy, Grandpa, Uncles, Matthew, Cal, Josiah.  And that helps.

I adore how different you are from your brother.  You are cautious and shy and it takes you a while to warm up to people in a new place.  You constantly remind us that it's okay to do things on your own time.

When you sing, regardless of if it's Moana or Neil Diamond, it's just the greatest.  You are so expressive and into the music. 

You still never sleep in one spot.  You are all over your bed.  You are the only one in the house, dogs included, who just does not care how his blankets are.  On top, under, tangled, whatever.  You sleep.

I love how gentle you are.  How sensitive and kind and sweet you are.  You are still our 100% baby.  You feel everything 100% and RIGHT NOW.  Anger, fear, excitement, hunger, love, all of it.

OMG, your eating.  You remind me of the episode of Full House where Michelle tries to cook and I think mixes oreos and tuna because she loves both.  You love to mix foods.  You were so excited over your mashed potato, ketchup and gravy biscuit sandwich the other night.  You get your own snacks and treats and get just offended when you're told no more of something.

I can't wait to see what adventures we all get into in the years to come. Complete with second breakfast, elevensies and the other four meals when we can get them.

It's been an incredible year, one of the best of my life.  I'd do it all over in a heartbeat, there and back again, for sure.  Thanks for choosing me to be your mom.

All my love,
Your mama

No comments:

Post a Comment