Thoughts on 30

Shortly beforre turning 30 I started thinking about the little pieces that make me weird.  I jotted them down.

I love cafeteria food, airplane food and hospital food.

I used to think I was adopted because I don't love peanuts or fried chicken.

I want my babies to have as good a life as I do at this age.

When I was young, many things came easy to me and when they stopped being easy I stopped doing them. I still do this sometimes.

I hate learning.

I have weird lists like, "Celebrities I'll be sad when they die", "surprisingly happy professions" and "Foods I forget I hate".

I don't wash my face. If it gets wet in the shower, I call it good.

I had severe OCD as a child. I can still do the rituals I did as a child now as an adult but they hold no meaning. When they show up they are just a sign I'm stressed.

I can burp better than anyone I know.

I can't sit in a chair meant to spin and sit still.

I have the worst luck with lightbulbs and potato peelers.

I absolutely love to hate Martha Stewart.

Sometimes, if I can’t do something myself, rather than ask for help (especially if the task is strength-related and I have to ask a boy) I just won’t do it.

One of my biggest regrets is that I don’t own a dragon.

I save the worms and spider and give up my place in line to people with kids.  This is the nicest I get.

I would be lost in this world without the wisdom of Mr. Rogers.

I am the biggest baby when I'm sick. I hate the sick and I want my mommy.

My memory creeps people out. I would love to not remember your wedding details from 10 years ago better than you do. Or every Friends line ever.

I undeniably hate people at large. I hate being around a lot of them. I hate listening to them.

I adore being the only people in movie theaters. Especially when I watch movies like UP.

One of the best things in the world is new, cold, smooth, tucked sheets.

I don't even mind that we pretty much pay the Costco membership just for the Costco hot dogs, they're that good.

I've learned that the days I say “I should bring my sunglasses” are exactly the days I should bring them.

I love to dissect my food.

I see all this art done with pages of books and it mortified me. How could you do that to books?

I have more puzzles than pairs of shoes.

I have strong opinions on gay rights, politics, racism, parenting, religion and ketchup. I mostly keep them to myself. They can be sensitive issues.

I love crusts.

I've never had jury duty. And have ALWAYS wanted to.

I hate when companies put pamphlets on my house.

Callin' Baton Rouge by Garth brooks and Hotel California by the Eagles are the only two songs I prefer live versions.

No comments:

Post a Comment