22 Weeks

How far along: 22 Weeks
Gender: BOY!
Weight gain: -11 lbs.  I lost 18 lbs in the first trimester thanks to my best friend, nausea.  I've gained 7 of it back thanks to my new best friend, frosting.
Maternity clothes: Oh yes.  I have a few shirts that aren't maternity still trying to cover the belly for dear life.  Give it another few days or few donuts and they will begin to fail miserably.  I'm wearing the crap out of maternity leggings and jammies.
Stretch marks: Just the old ones from when I was growing Felix.
Belly button in or out: In...ish.  And weird looking.  I can no longer hide things in there.  On the plus side, it's a great time to clean all the lint out.
Sleep: Excellent!  Pregnancy produces wickedly vivid dreams.  Which is fine, unless they're nightmares.  I'm so done waking up thinking I've given birth to a clown or velociraptor.
Best moment this week: Baby kicking me after a particularly bad dream.  As if to say, "It's okay, Mom.  I'm here!" 
Worst moment this week: Running out of cream cheese.
Miss anything: Reisling.  
Movement: Baby boy started this thing where it feels like he gets a running start and rams his tiny shoulder into my uterus like he's trying to bust down a locked door.
Cravings: Maraschino cherries, cream cheese, Taco Bell chicken quesidilla, pears
Queasy or sick: All is well unless I run across a particularly bad smell.  Coffee, gasoline, doody.
Mood: Like, just one?  Is that possible?  I'm usually pretty happy with bouts of blind rage and Downton Abbey-induced weeping.
Looking forward to: Our mini-vacay coming up in Mid-March.  The weather turning nice so we can play outside with Felix and the dogs.

No comments:

Post a Comment